Why alfresco is preferred?
Alfresco is a powerful system for content management. Among important advantages leading to the choice of this very platform, the following ones can be singled out:
- High personalization. Alfresco provides a possibility to personalize practically everything: dashboards, content types, metadata, version management. Even access to the solution can be managed in several different ways: via the web client, by network sharing or by synchronization mode.
- Simplification in terms of using. When working with Alfresco no need in deep technical knowledge is required thus simplifies administration management.
- Functionality. System base includes two significant blocks: Alfresco Process Services (package for business process management) and Alfresco Governance Services (additional module for management and archiving).
- Collaboration tools: Alfresco suggests a UI interface called Alfresco Share providing an easy-to-use collaboration platform to effectively collaborate within a team using blog, wiki, calendar etc.
- Secured access to content: Different types of users are specified in terms of using the data, such as content creator, content reviewers, internal team members, customers etc. The access can be configured easily.
- Effective Search mechanism: Alfresco provides searching capabilities based on metadata and allows you to find the content you are looking for quite easily.
- Maintaining different content versions: New versions of the content can be easily created and tracked with a help of Alfresco versioning capability.
- Auditing the content: Alfresco provides a possibility to get the information concerning a person who accessed the content.