Native and hybrid applications
The functionality of mobile applications is extremely diverse: from games and taxi services to office applications and fitness trackers. However, all applications can be divided into 2 categories: native and hybrid.
Each of these categories has its advantages and features.
These are applications developed for a particular platform (iOS or Android), taking into account the specifics of this platform and gaining access to all its resources.
Advantages of native applications
- User-friendly. The design of native applications follows the ideology embedded in a particular operating system. UI structure, colour palette, animation - all this matches the presentation of a particular OS and thus feels "just right" and natural. Therefore, such apps are very easy to use and they will not cause dissonance with existing user experience.
- High speed. Native applications are optimized for a particular mobile OS, due to which they work fast and extremely stable. In addition, data from such applications is often stored on the device, which also increases the speed of their work and reduces the dependence on the Internet.
- Wide functionality. This type of application has access to all the features of the OS and device components: GPS, camera, calendar, address book and more. Due to this, native applications have broad functionality and are easy to integrate with each other.
This is universal applications that created for many platforms at once and have the same functionality regardless of the platform itself. You can say that the hybrid application is essentially a website in the conventional mobile application format.
Advantages of hybrid applications
- Portability. Hybrid applications are created for multiple platforms at once, hence they are relatively easy to adapt to each one. This may include not only iOS and Android versions, but also web and desktop versions. Due to this, hybrid applications are available to a much larger audience of users.
- Less costly development. This type of application is simpler and faster in development, so their initial cost is lower compared to native software. This makes the hybrid applications an attractive solution for companies with a limited start-up budget.
- Faster speed to market. Simpler development of hybrid applications provides one more advantage - a shorter term of development, allowing the relatively quick release of the product and thus obtaining the first profit. If the company does not have the ability to handle a significant developing time, then this type of application is a smart choice.
No matter what type of application you need, Smile can professionally turn your idea into reality. Fill in the form below and we will be happy to answer all your questions regarding the benefits of mobile applications for your business.